In keeping with the new Local Law 196 of 2017, the Department of Buildings (DOB) is planning unannounced site checks where untrained workers have been found and will target other jobs of permit holders in violation.
How are you planning on avoiding the penalties?
Be cognizant of these dates:
- By December 1, 2018 or June 1, 2019, if the Department of Buildings (DOB) determines that there is insufficient capacity to provide training workers must have at least a Limited Site Safety Training (SST) Card, which includes a minimum of 30 hours of training.
- By May 1, 2019 or September 1, 2020, if DOB determines that there is insufficient capacity to provide training, workers must have a Site Safety Training (SST) Card—meaning they have been fully trained.
Avoid Violations & Penalties!
- Permit holders must certify workers have required training.
- Fines are $15,000 per untrained worker. $5,000 each for owner, permit holder and employer.
- Permit holders failing to keep log of trained workers face fines of $2,500.
Contact Carl Oliveri, Construction Practice Leader, at email@example.com for more information.